Michael R. Wild, M.D.
Dr. Wild completed his medical training at Indiana University in 1993. He then completed his internship in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology training at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in 1997. Dr. Wild practices comprehensive ophthalmology and has a special interest and expertise in cataract surgery and laser vision correction surgery.
- Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Ophthalmology Residency, 1994-1997
- Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Internship in Internal Medicine, 1993-94
- Indiana University School of Medicine, M.D. Degree, 1989-1993
- Purdue University at Indianapolis, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Pre-Med, 1983-1988
- American Board of Ophthalmology written qualification examination, 98th Percentile, 1998
- H. Saul Sugar Award in recognition of the house staff contributing the most to the house staff education, 1997
- Indiana University School of Medicine Academic Achievement Award, 1993
- Purdue University at Indianapolis Outstanding Senior Mechanical Engineering Student, 1988
- Howard County Medical Association, President
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Eye Physicians, Inc.; Kokomo, Indiana, 1997-present
- Efficacy of screening exams for fungal endophthalmitis in hospitalized patients, ARVO-poster, 1996.
- Survey of pneumatic retinopexy practice patterns, pending submission for publication, 1996.
- Candida endophthalmitis after uncomplicated resection of gastric carcinoma, Case report submitted to Archives of Ophthalmology, 1996
- Quantitative comparison of two different configurations of a passive pressure regulating shunt valve for glaucoma filtration surgery, ARVO-poster, 1993.
- Design of a passive pressure regulating shunt valve for glaucoma filtration surgery, ASME-poster, 1992.
- Design of a passive pressure regulating shunt valve for glaucoma filtration surgery, ARVO-presentation, 1992.
- Spouse: Pamela
- Children: Mitchell, Charity, Matthew, Paige
- Hobbies: Flying, Jogging